HASKELL COUNTY, Texas - A one-vehicle car crash in Haskell County took the life of a teenager on the way to school Monday morning.
The accident happened about 8:30 a.m. on FM 618 south of the intersection with Farm Road 600.
The crash involved six people in a Ford Expedition driven by a 16-year-old driver.
A 7th grade student from Stamford, 14-year-old Amber Conn, died at the scene.
Two others in the Ford were taken to Hendrick Medical Center and then transported to Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth.
Zander Elias, 4, and Danica Elias, 9, are listed in serious condition at Cook.
The DPS said the drivers age and inexperience contributed to the crash as he apparently over-corrected when he drove off the road.
The Department of Public Safety is investigating the crash.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting