COLEMAN, Texas - A 34-year-old Coleman man remained jailed Tuesday on bonds totaling $67,500 after he led law enforcement on a high-speed chase and then escaped while in police custody.
Teddy Faries is being held on charges of evading arrest with a motor vehicle, escape and robbery, said Trebor Moore of the Coleman Police Department.
According to the Coleman Chronicle, Faries on Saturday refused to stop for police because of an expired registration. A pursuit ensued down several county roads and Faries was eventually taken into custody.
"The pursuit reached speeds up to 80 mph and lasted around 20 minutes total," Moore said in an email. "It is unknown at this time why Faries evaded arrest."
Then on Sunday, while Faries was under arrest and being treated at Coleman Medical Center, he escaped for a short time.
Faries was found about 10 minutes later and taken to jail.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her