EULA, Texas - UPDATE: The female student has been listed in fair condition as of 4 p.m. Tuesday. The superintendent tells KTXS maintenance crews have combed the area looking for more snake activity in the part of campus where she was bit.
It was a rough start to the school year Monday for one Eula ISD student.
The female athlete was on the way to the school weight room when she was bit by a rattlesnake. This was about 3:30 p.m., just after classes had been let out.
The girl was walking barefoot and was bitten on the toe.
School staff attended to the girl, then members of the Eula Volunteer Fire Department responded.
The girl was taken by ambulance to an Abilene hospital where she's being treated for snake bite.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck