EULA, Texas - UPDATE: The female student has been listed in fair condition as of 4 p.m. Tuesday. The superintendent tells KTXS maintenance crews have combed the area looking for more snake activity in the part of campus where she was bit.
It was a rough start to the school year Monday for one Eula ISD student.
The female athlete was on the way to the school weight room when she was bit by a rattlesnake. This was about 3:30 p.m., just after classes had been let out.
The girl was walking barefoot and was bitten on the toe.
School staff attended to the girl, then members of the Eula Volunteer Fire Department responded.
The girl was taken by ambulance to an Abilene hospital where she's being treated for snake bite.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend