One person died in an accident involving an 18-wheeler and a pick-up truck Friday afternoon. The crash happened on Highway 83 just north of Hamlin.
According to the DPS, an 18-wheeler hydroplaned Friday on the wet road. 26-year-old Manual Alaniz III of Hamlin was driving a pickup south on Highway 83. Alaniz was unable to avoid hitting the truck. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
His visitation is set for 6 p.m. Monday at the Adams-Foster & Ray Funeral Home in Hamlin. The funeral is set for 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Church of the Nazarene.
Traffic in the area was backed up for some time and authorities asked drivers to find an alternate route for several hours.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death