ANSON, Texas - A grass fire south of Anson – in the vicinity of FM 2746 – is now contained after jumping a road and threatening two homes, pump jacks and cattle.
It is unclear how many acres burned, but windy conditions made it difficult to fight.
Hawley, Hamlin and Anson volunteer fire departments have been working the blaze.
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- From Snyder to Hollywood: Theater program grooms actors
- Updated Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program