SNYDER, Texas - Traffic is diverted at U.S. Highway 180 and U.S. 84 in Snyder after a truck damaged the overpass.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, a truck carrying an oversize load from Colorado City to just north of Snyder clipped the top of the overpass.
The truck was permitted to be 14 feet in height. The overpass measures 14 feet, five inches.
There were no injuries in the crash.
The Texas Department of Transportation's Abilene district and Austin's bridge division surveyed the scene Wednesday.
Traffic on U.S. Highway 180 and 84 will be detoured around the bridge site for several weeks.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS