SNYDER, Texas - Traffic is diverted at U.S. Highway 180 and U.S. 84 in Snyder after a truck damaged the overpass.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, a truck carrying an oversize load from Colorado City to just north of Snyder clipped the top of the overpass.
The truck was permitted to be 14 feet in height. The overpass measures 14 feet, five inches.
There were no injuries in the crash.
The Texas Department of Transportation's Abilene district and Austin's bridge division surveyed the scene Wednesday.
Traffic on U.S. Highway 180 and 84 will be detoured around the bridge site for several weeks.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget