SNYDER, Texas - Traffic is diverted at U.S. Highway 180 and U.S. 84 in Snyder after a truck damaged the overpass.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, a truck carrying an oversize load from Colorado City to just north of Snyder clipped the top of the overpass.
The truck was permitted to be 14 feet in height. The overpass measures 14 feet, five inches.
There were no injuries in the crash.
The Texas Department of Transportation's Abilene district and Austin's bridge division surveyed the scene Wednesday.
Traffic on U.S. Highway 180 and 84 will be detoured around the bridge site for several weeks.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident