SNYDER, Texas - Traffic is diverted at U.S. Highway 180 and U.S. 84 in Snyder after a truck damaged the overpass.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, a truck carrying an oversize load from Colorado City to just north of Snyder clipped the top of the overpass.
The truck was permitted to be 14 feet in height. The overpass measures 14 feet, five inches.
There were no injuries in the crash.
The Texas Department of Transportation's Abilene district and Austin's bridge division surveyed the scene Wednesday.
Traffic on U.S. Highway 180 and 84 will be detoured around the bridge site for several weeks.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot