BRECKENRIDGE, Texas - A 36-year-old man is now facing manslaughter charges after allegedly striking a man with his vehicle and leaving the scene of the accident., Breckenridge Police Chief Larry Mahan said in a news release.
Brandon Wayne Hayes was taken into custody after the Breckenridge Police Department received several 911 calls in reference to a hit-and-run accident about 1 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of South Miller Street, the police chief said.
Otho Dale Noggle, 51, was transported to the hospital with head injuries after being struck by Hayes' vehicle, Mahan said.
Officers found Noggle in the roadway with "a severe head wound.," A description of the vehicle was obtained – and officers were able to identify and locate Hayes.
Noggle was transported to Stephens Memorial Hospital and then to Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth where he died Friday.
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning