ABILENE, Texas - Rescue the Animals, SPCA is still searching for homes for Chihuahuas seized earlier in the week.
Now more Chihuahuas have been seized, this time from Haskell County.
Earlier in the week, 30 dogs were seized from an unidentified neighboring county. They were living in a small portable building without any cooling, and without any access to the outside.
Paul Washburn of Rescue the Animals said 12 dogs have been adopted so far.
Yesterday, though, nine more dogs were seized. Bringing the total to 27 Chihuahuas in need of a home.
A special adoption fee of $50 has been instituted, Washburn said, and includes spay/neuter, shots, worming, heart worm test, and vet exam.
For more information, call Rescue the Animals, SPCA at 325-695-7270.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide