ABILENE, Texas - Rescue the Animals, SPCA is still searching for homes for Chihuahuas seized earlier in the week.
Now more Chihuahuas have been seized, this time from Haskell County.
Earlier in the week, 30 dogs were seized from an unidentified neighboring county. They were living in a small portable building without any cooling, and without any access to the outside.
Paul Washburn of Rescue the Animals said 12 dogs have been adopted so far.
Yesterday, though, nine more dogs were seized. Bringing the total to 27 Chihuahuas in need of a home.
A special adoption fee of $50 has been instituted, Washburn said, and includes spay/neuter, shots, worming, heart worm test, and vet exam.
For more information, call Rescue the Animals, SPCA at 325-695-7270.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances