TAYLOR-NOLAN COUNTY LINE, Texas - A 52-year-old Meridian woman died Friday in a three-vehicle crash on Interstate 20.
The crash happened at mile marker 261 at the Taylor-Nolan County line about 4:20 p.m.
Catherine Ann Hinds of Meridian was taken by ambulance to Hendrick Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead about an hour later.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, Hinds was driving a 2007 Kia and was involved in a previous crash. As she was attempting to get herself and two others out of the Kia, her car was struck by a pickup driven by Callin David McGee from Hawley. McGee was uninjured.
DPS said troopers were called to at least 35 weather-related crashes Friday.
"Normal for today would be either none or one," the DPS news release said.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web