TAYLOR-NOLAN COUNTY LINE, Texas - A 52-year-old Meridian woman died Friday in a three-vehicle crash on Interstate 20.
The crash happened at mile marker 261 at the Taylor-Nolan County line about 4:20 p.m.
Catherine Ann Hinds of Meridian was taken by ambulance to Hendrick Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead about an hour later.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, Hinds was driving a 2007 Kia and was involved in a previous crash. As she was attempting to get herself and two others out of the Kia, her car was struck by a pickup driven by Callin David McGee from Hawley. McGee was uninjured.
DPS said troopers were called to at least 35 weather-related crashes Friday.
"Normal for today would be either none or one," the DPS news release said.
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County sisters receive 4th Grammy nomination
- Iraan football team returns to gridiron in wake of tragedy
- Coach's ring brings perspective to Sweetwater's run