ABILENE, Texas - A new restaurant is under construction on Catclaw, just south of Dr. J's Express Care. City permitting records show it will be called Taylor County Taphouse.
We were able to speak with the restaurant owner, Josh Robinson.
"Our food would best be termed Texas comfort food, all made in-house from scratch and locally sourced whenever possible," Robinson said. "Drinks will center around a huge selection of beers from all over the world, a full bar with a custom cocktail list, and a wine list hand-picked to pair specifically with our appetizers and entrees."
Documents on file include plans for an outdoor covered patio.
Taylor County Taphouse is locally owned with plans to open sometime this fall.
There's also something new in store for the old Famous Dave's on South Danville.
City records filed just last week show construction including a remodel and addition of 2,300 square feet is underway.
The new business will be called Miguel's.
We will give you more details as they become available.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated