ABILENE, Texas - A new restaurant is under construction on Catclaw, just south of Dr. J's Express Care. City permitting records show it will be called Taylor County Taphouse.
We were able to speak with the restaurant owner, Josh Robinson.
"Our food would best be termed Texas comfort food, all made in-house from scratch and locally sourced whenever possible," Robinson said. "Drinks will center around a huge selection of beers from all over the world, a full bar with a custom cocktail list, and a wine list hand-picked to pair specifically with our appetizers and entrees."
Documents on file include plans for an outdoor covered patio.
Taylor County Taphouse is locally owned with plans to open sometime this fall.
There's also something new in store for the old Famous Dave's on South Danville.
City records filed just last week show construction including a remodel and addition of 2,300 square feet is underway.
The new business will be called Miguel's.
We will give you more details as they become available.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances