ABILENE, Texas - A new restaurant is under construction on Catclaw, just south of Dr. J's Express Care. City permitting records show it will be called Taylor County Taphouse.
We were able to speak with the restaurant owner, Josh Robinson.
"Our food would best be termed Texas comfort food, all made in-house from scratch and locally sourced whenever possible," Robinson said. "Drinks will center around a huge selection of beers from all over the world, a full bar with a custom cocktail list, and a wine list hand-picked to pair specifically with our appetizers and entrees."
Documents on file include plans for an outdoor covered patio.
Taylor County Taphouse is locally owned with plans to open sometime this fall.
There's also something new in store for the old Famous Dave's on South Danville.
City records filed just last week show construction including a remodel and addition of 2,300 square feet is underway.
The new business will be called Miguel's.
We will give you more details as they become available.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot