A Roscoe man was released from the hospital Sunday after a rollover accident that took the lives of two men Friday.
According to Senior Trooper Sparky Dean, the crash happened at 6:10 p.m. Friday on FM 608 near mile marker 308 and Maryneal.
Jose Refugio Camarillo-Martinez, 34, was driving four other men in a 2001 Dodge extended cab pickup truck westbound on FM 608 when the truck's right, rear tire blew out. The truck left the roadway and Camarillo-Martinez tried to re-enter, causing the truck to skid and overturn.
Fidel Hernandez Acosta, 39, from Roscoe was riding in the outer back seat and was ejected. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Jose Aldavera-Herrera, 21, from Roscoe was riding in the other outer back seat and was also ejected. He was pronounced dead at Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo.
According to the Cate Spencer and Trent and Robert Massie funeral homes, both bodies are being transported to Mexico for funeral services.
Victor Manuel Lopez, 29, was riding in the front passenger seat and was also ejected. He suffered internal injuries and was transported to Shannon Medical Center. He was released Sunday.
Ismael Perez, 51, was seated in the middle back seat and was not injured.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon