JONES COUNTY, Texas - One member of a surveying crew was killed Saturday morning after he was hit by a truck about three miles northwest of Anson.
According to the Department of Public Safety, 65-year-old Terry Howell of Lago Vista was driving down Highway 83 around 10 a.m. when he hit 27-year-old Anselmo Escobar Jr. of San Antonio.
Escobar was pronounced dead at the scene and his body will be taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office in Forth Worth for an autopsy. The crash is still under investigation but the case will eventually be presented to a Jones County grand jury.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth