JONES COUNTY, Texas - One member of a surveying crew was killed Saturday morning after he was hit by a truck about three miles northwest of Anson.
According to the Department of Public Safety, 65-year-old Terry Howell of Lago Vista was driving down Highway 83 around 10 a.m. when he hit 27-year-old Anselmo Escobar Jr. of San Antonio.
Escobar was pronounced dead at the scene and his body will be taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office in Forth Worth for an autopsy. The crash is still under investigation but the case will eventually be presented to a Jones County grand jury.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking