JONES COUNTY, Texas - One member of a surveying crew was killed Saturday morning after he was hit by a truck about three miles northwest of Anson.
According to the Department of Public Safety, 65-year-old Terry Howell of Lago Vista was driving down Highway 83 around 10 a.m. when he hit 27-year-old Anselmo Escobar Jr. of San Antonio.
Escobar was pronounced dead at the scene and his body will be taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office in Forth Worth for an autopsy. The crash is still under investigation but the case will eventually be presented to a Jones County grand jury.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck