JONES COUNTY, Texas - One member of a surveying crew was killed Saturday morning after he was hit by a truck about three miles northwest of Anson.
According to the Department of Public Safety, 65-year-old Terry Howell of Lago Vista was driving down Highway 83 around 10 a.m. when he hit 27-year-old Anselmo Escobar Jr. of San Antonio.
Escobar was pronounced dead at the scene and his body will be taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office in Forth Worth for an autopsy. The crash is still under investigation but the case will eventually be presented to a Jones County grand jury.
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested