JONES COUNTY, Texas - One member of a surveying crew was killed Saturday morning after he was hit by a truck about three miles northwest of Anson.
According to the Department of Public Safety, 65-year-old Terry Howell of Lago Vista was driving down Highway 83 around 10 a.m. when he hit 27-year-old Anselmo Escobar Jr. of San Antonio.
Escobar was pronounced dead at the scene and his body will be taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office in Forth Worth for an autopsy. The crash is still under investigation but the case will eventually be presented to a Jones County grand jury.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family