ABILENE, Texas - Witness testimony began Tuesday in the jury trial for a Baird woman who allegedly knew her boyfriend raped a four-year-old girl.
A Taylor County grand jury indicted 28-year-old Laci Wright in 2010 for injury to a child.
According to court documents, Wright knew her boyfriend had sexually assaulted the girl and she allegedly dropped her off at a daycare afterward instead of seeking medical treatment.
In 2011, a jury sentenced Wright's boyfriend, 34-year-old Daniel Crippen, to 25 years in prison for the rape.
KTXS will bring you the latest information on this trial as it progresses.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer