NOLAN COUNTY, Texas - A state trooper was conducting a traffic stop around 6 a.m. Monday in Mitchell County.
According to the Department of Public Safety, as the trooper approached the vehicle, he observed three men inside the vehicle.
Shortly after, the driver exited the vehicle and fired three shots at the trooper.
The driver then re-entered the vehicle and fled eastbound.
Shots were fired several times at the trooper during the pursuit.
A chase ensued into Nolan County and the suspect's vehicle was found abandoned on Farm Road 1230.
The Texas Rangers are investigating the incident and are processing the vehicle at this time.
The trooper was not injured and according to DPS, the suspects remain at large.
Loraine ISD is on lockdown while authorities search for the suspect, according to school officials.
KTXS will update you as we receive more information.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot