NOLAN COUNTY, Texas - A state trooper was conducting a traffic stop around 6 a.m. Monday in Mitchell County.
According to the Department of Public Safety, as the trooper approached the vehicle, he observed three men inside the vehicle.
Shortly after, the driver exited the vehicle and fired three shots at the trooper.
The driver then re-entered the vehicle and fled eastbound.
Shots were fired several times at the trooper during the pursuit.
A chase ensued into Nolan County and the suspect's vehicle was found abandoned on Farm Road 1230.
The Texas Rangers are investigating the incident and are processing the vehicle at this time.
The trooper was not injured and according to DPS, the suspects remain at large.
Loraine ISD is on lockdown while authorities search for the suspect, according to school officials.
KTXS will update you as we receive more information.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated