ABILENE, Texas - A Tuscola man is dead after drifting into oncoming traffic Monday night north of Bradshaw.
According to the Department of Public Safety, 20-year-old Jason Earl Winegeart was driving northbound on Highway 83 near milepost 348 and the intersection of County Road 205 around 8:40 p.m Monday night. He drifted into the southbound lane and struck another vehicle head-on.
Winegeart was transported to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene and was pronounced dead at 9:47 p.m. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
The vehicle that Winegeart's car struck was carrying one person. Angela Marie Anderson, 40, from Winters, was taken to Hendrick Medical Center. She has a broken ankle but is in stable condition.
Randy Jacob Burnsed, 21, from Ovlo, was taken to Hendrick Medical Center. He has minor abrasions but is in stable condition. He was a passenger in Winegeart's car. This original article stated Burnsed was a passenger in Anderson's car.
Both Burnsed and Anderson were wearing seat belts.
The road was dry and the weather clear. The crash is still being investigating by Trooper Jarrod Hubbard of the Department of Public Safety.
- Updated $108M later, Port of Houston gives up on cruise ships
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Reagan's daughter criticizes decision to free Hinkley
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants