NOLAN COUNTY, Texas - Construction on the US 84 overpass at westbound Interstate 20 in Nolan County is now complete.
The bridge is open to traffic.
An 18-wheeler hit the overpass about a year ago, putting it out of use.
Construction began in mid-March.
Before then, the Texas Department of Transportation had to design the new bridge and secure contractors to demolish the old bridge and construct the new one, TxDOT spokeswoman, Darah Waldrip said in an email.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase