CALLAHAN COUNTY., Texas - The three victims who died in a fatality accident on Monday have now been identified.
On Wednesday, a Department of Public Safety spokesperson said 41-year-old Kevin Byrnes of Midland, 26-year-old Brittany Elaine of Goldsmith, and 64-year-old Steven Wayne Pickett all died in the crash.
William Bryan Partin, 36, of Graham, was injured in the crash.
The crash happened Monday afternoon on Texas Highway 36 , just west of Cross Plains.
Both of the vehicles involved in this crash caught fire. There were two occupants in each vehicle.
According to the DPS, Kevin Byrnes was driving a 2006 GMC Pickup north on Texas 36.
Troopers said he left the roadway to the right then overcorrected to the left and crossed both lanes of travel. Steven Pickett was driving a 2011 Ford pickup south bound on Texas 36. Byrnes vehicle struck the Ford pickup Pickett was driving. Both vehicles then caught on fire.
The bodies of the victims were taken to Higginbotham Funeral Home in Cross Plains.
The weather was clear and dry at the time, according to DPS.
- Hillary Clinton's challenge: Igniting excitement
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Texas sales tax holiday set for first weekend of August