CALLAHAN COUNTY., Texas - The three victims who died in a fatality accident on Monday have now been identified.
On Wednesday, a Department of Public Safety spokesperson said 41-year-old Kevin Byrnes of Midland, 26-year-old Brittany Elaine of Goldsmith, and 64-year-old Steven Wayne Pickett all died in the crash.
William Bryan Partin, 36, of Graham, was injured in the crash.
The crash happened Monday afternoon on Texas Highway 36 , just west of Cross Plains.
Both of the vehicles involved in this crash caught fire. There were two occupants in each vehicle.
According to the DPS, Kevin Byrnes was driving a 2006 GMC Pickup north on Texas 36.
Troopers said he left the roadway to the right then overcorrected to the left and crossed both lanes of travel. Steven Pickett was driving a 2011 Ford pickup south bound on Texas 36. Byrnes vehicle struck the Ford pickup Pickett was driving. Both vehicles then caught on fire.
The bodies of the victims were taken to Higginbotham Funeral Home in Cross Plains.
The weather was clear and dry at the time, according to DPS.
- Updated Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Updated Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Updated Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Updated Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash