A state agency may be looking into possible voting irregularities in Stephens County during the general election.
The Breckenridge American reports that vote totals in the sheriff's race that were originally posted as one number were later changed to another.
The county explained that an employee had pushed the wrong button on the counting machine, causing early and absentee ballots to be added a second time into precinct totals where the voter was registered.
Incumbent Sheriff Dan Young was defeated in the election by Breckenridge police officer Billy Wade.
It's not clear if a formal complain has been filed with the Secretary of State office.
Stephens County Commissioners have called a special meeting for 10 a.m. Friday to canvass the votes.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon