The Town of Colorado City is notifying residents that there has been a spill from the wastewater treatment facility.
It happened Tuesday just east of Highway 163 into Lone Wolf Creek. The city says about 400,000 gallons of waste water spilled.
The affected area is along Lone Wolf Creek and the Colorado River basin.
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality has been notified and clean-up is underway.
The town is urging persons using private drinking water wells located within 1/2 mile of the spill site to only use water that has been boiled.
At this time, a boil water notice is not in effect if you're using the public water supply.
- Updated Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found