The Town of Colorado City is notifying residents that there has been a spill from the wastewater treatment facility.
It happened Tuesday just east of Highway 163 into Lone Wolf Creek. The city says about 400,000 gallons of waste water spilled.
The affected area is along Lone Wolf Creek and the Colorado River basin.
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality has been notified and clean-up is underway.
The town is urging persons using private drinking water wells located within 1/2 mile of the spill site to only use water that has been boiled.
At this time, a boil water notice is not in effect if you're using the public water supply.
- Updated Police shoot 'active shooter' at Texas strip mall, 'several' taken to hospital
- Golfing great Arnold Palmer dead at 87
- Police find missing girl, make 3 arrests in triple California killing
- Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Texas councilman, wife
- KTXS Forecast: Rain chances ending on this Monday