ABILENE, Texas - While Abilene ISD and Wylie ISD started on time Monday, other Big Country school districts and campuses started late because of poor weather-related road and other conditions.
In addition, Loraine ISD canceled school Monday "based on icy roads and not getting above freezing until late morning," Superintendent Travis W. Edwards said via email.
Meanwhile, the following school districts or campuses are beginning classes later Monday due to weather conditions:
Texas State Technical College campuses in Abilene and Breckenridge delayed the start of school until 10 a.m. TSTC Sweetwater closed due to a power outage. The TSTC Brownwood campus started on time.
Also starting classes at 10 a.m. were school districts in Breckenridge, Paint Creek, Haskell, Cross Plains, Ira, Snyder, Hermleigh, Roby, Sweetwater, Highland, Rotan, Rule, Aspermont, Eden, Jayton-Girard, Moran, Albany, Woodson and Leuders-Avoca.
Roscoe ISD kicked off school at 9 a.m., both Cisco College campuses opened at 9:30 a.m, and Western Texas College in Snyder started at 10 a.m.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash