ABILENE, Texas - While Abilene ISD and Wylie ISD started on time Monday, other Big Country school districts and campuses started late because of poor weather-related road and other conditions.
In addition, Loraine ISD canceled school Monday "based on icy roads and not getting above freezing until late morning," Superintendent Travis W. Edwards said via email.
Meanwhile, the following school districts or campuses are beginning classes later Monday due to weather conditions:
Texas State Technical College campuses in Abilene and Breckenridge delayed the start of school until 10 a.m. TSTC Sweetwater closed due to a power outage. The TSTC Brownwood campus started on time.
Also starting classes at 10 a.m. were school districts in Breckenridge, Paint Creek, Haskell, Cross Plains, Ira, Snyder, Hermleigh, Roby, Sweetwater, Highland, Rotan, Rule, Aspermont, Eden, Jayton-Girard, Moran, Albany, Woodson and Leuders-Avoca.
Roscoe ISD kicked off school at 9 a.m., both Cisco College campuses opened at 9:30 a.m, and Western Texas College in Snyder started at 10 a.m.
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking