ABILENE, Texas - While Abilene ISD and Wylie ISD started on time Monday, other Big Country school districts and campuses started late because of poor weather-related road and other conditions.
In addition, Loraine ISD canceled school Monday "based on icy roads and not getting above freezing until late morning," Superintendent Travis W. Edwards said via email.
Meanwhile, the following school districts or campuses are beginning classes later Monday due to weather conditions:
Texas State Technical College campuses in Abilene and Breckenridge delayed the start of school until 10 a.m. TSTC Sweetwater closed due to a power outage. The TSTC Brownwood campus started on time.
Also starting classes at 10 a.m. were school districts in Breckenridge, Paint Creek, Haskell, Cross Plains, Ira, Snyder, Hermleigh, Roby, Sweetwater, Highland, Rotan, Rule, Aspermont, Eden, Jayton-Girard, Moran, Albany, Woodson and Leuders-Avoca.
Roscoe ISD kicked off school at 9 a.m., both Cisco College campuses opened at 9:30 a.m, and Western Texas College in Snyder started at 10 a.m.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase