ABILENE, Texas - Four days of bad weather have led to vehicle accidents and cancelled blood drives. The accidents helped deplete blood supplies at some of the areas smaller hospitals.
Add to that the Meek Blood Center will be closed Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday , and it's put even more pressure on the Big Country blood supply, which is handled by Meek.
Tuesday and Wednesday, the blood center is asking for your help to build up a supply for the Thanksgiving holiday.
To give blood you have to weigh at least 120 pounds and be in good health. To find out more, you can call the Meek Blood Center at (325) 670-2798. You can give at the Meek Blood Center, 1150 N. 18th Street near Hendrick Medical Center.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season