ABILENE, Texas - Four days of bad weather have led to vehicle accidents and cancelled blood drives. The accidents helped deplete blood supplies at some of the areas smaller hospitals.
Add to that the Meek Blood Center will be closed Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday , and it's put even more pressure on the Big Country blood supply, which is handled by Meek.
Tuesday and Wednesday, the blood center is asking for your help to build up a supply for the Thanksgiving holiday.
To give blood you have to weigh at least 120 pounds and be in good health. To find out more, you can call the Meek Blood Center at (325) 670-2798. You can give at the Meek Blood Center, 1150 N. 18th Street near Hendrick Medical Center.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated