COLEMAN COUNTY, Texas - A 61-year-old woman was killed Tuesday in a single-car accident while traveling southbound on U.S. 283 in Coleman County.
According to State Police, Maria Luisa Celis of Brownsville died after failing to negotiate a curve while traveling on the highway in her 2005 Ford Escape. Her vehicle left the roadway and struck a concrete culvert, causing it to overturn numerous times, police said.
The accident occurred at 5:14 p.m. Tuesday.
The road was dry at the time of the accident, State Police said.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account