COLEMAN COUNTY, Texas - A 61-year-old woman was killed Tuesday in a single-car accident while traveling southbound on U.S. 283 in Coleman County.
According to State Police, Maria Luisa Celis of Brownsville died after failing to negotiate a curve while traveling on the highway in her 2005 Ford Escape. Her vehicle left the roadway and struck a concrete culvert, causing it to overturn numerous times, police said.
The accident occurred at 5:14 p.m. Tuesday.
The road was dry at the time of the accident, State Police said.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring