COLEMAN COUNTY, Texas - A 61-year-old woman was killed Tuesday in a single-car accident while traveling southbound on U.S. 283 in Coleman County.
According to State Police, Maria Luisa Celis of Brownsville died after failing to negotiate a curve while traveling on the highway in her 2005 Ford Escape. Her vehicle left the roadway and struck a concrete culvert, causing it to overturn numerous times, police said.
The accident occurred at 5:14 p.m. Tuesday.
The road was dry at the time of the accident, State Police said.
- Updated Flint water crisis: New criminal charges filed
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Firefighters extinguish garbage truck fire in north Abilene