SWEETWATER, Texas - A tragic fire erupted Monday afternoon, killing one woman and her Chihuahua.
Sweetwater Fire Marshall Grant Madden confirmed an overloaded powerstrip caused the fire.
Fire crews responded to the call at the house fire on Bristol Drive at about 3:30 p.m.
Emergency teams said by the time they arrived at her house, it was too late to save them.
"It was heavy fire in the front bedroom," Assistant Fire Chief Paul King said. "It looked like it had been burning for awhile before we got the call."
Fire crews said they are still investigating how the fire started.
"I believe she was a medical patient," King said. "We found oxygen bottles and things like that in the house."
Cole lived next door to her daughter Donette Wallace and her extended family.
An autopsy is being prepared for Cole.