SWEETWATER, TX - The Texas Department of Transportation will replace a bridge over Interstate 20 near Sweetwater that was damaged in late September after a support column was struck by a semi.
They said the bridge was already scheduled to be replaced in 2017 .
Starting Monday, westbound I-20 at the US 84 overpass will closed. Traffic will be detoured to US 84 business and routed around the overpass before being directed back to westbound I-20.
The three-quarter mile detour is the same route that was used immediately following the collision.
Signs, cones and message boards will be in place to direct drivers. The inside lanes of I-20 will reopen after about a week.
The outside lane will be closed until further notice.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend