SWEETWATER, TX - The Texas Department of Transportation will replace a bridge over Interstate 20 near Sweetwater that was damaged in late September after a support column was struck by a semi.
They said the bridge was already scheduled to be replaced in 2017 .
Starting Monday, westbound I-20 at the US 84 overpass will closed. Traffic will be detoured to US 84 business and routed around the overpass before being directed back to westbound I-20.
The three-quarter mile detour is the same route that was used immediately following the collision.
Signs, cones and message boards will be in place to direct drivers. The inside lanes of I-20 will reopen after about a week.
The outside lane will be closed until further notice.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident