ABILENE, Texas - WTU gave out $2,500 to 6 different Big Country non-profit organizations Thursday.
The grants go towards giving those agencies energy efficient upgrades that are designed to save them money on their electric bills over time.
Hope Haven, The Boys & Girls Clubs, Day Nursery of Abilene, Big Brother Big Sisters, Harmony Family Services and the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature were the Big Country recipients.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget