SHAWNEE, Oklahoma - Police in Shawnee say a body found in the North Canadian River may be that of a missing Shawnee woman.
Det. Jason Crouch told reporters that the body was found Friday afternoon in about three feet of water about a half mile east of South Beard Bridge. Crouch says only that the body appears to be that of a woman in her 20s and may be a woman who was last seen on Tuesday and was later reported missing by her family.
Crouch says authorities have questioned one person about the woman's death and are seeking a second person for questioning.
Crouch says the body was sent to the state medical examiner's office for positive identification and to determine the cause of death.
- Updated Police: Man now faces murder charge in Big Spring after woman, 64, dies
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget