SHAWNEE, Oklahoma - Police in Shawnee say a body found in the North Canadian River may be that of a missing Shawnee woman.
Det. Jason Crouch told reporters that the body was found Friday afternoon in about three feet of water about a half mile east of South Beard Bridge. Crouch says only that the body appears to be that of a woman in her 20s and may be a woman who was last seen on Tuesday and was later reported missing by her family.
Crouch says authorities have questioned one person about the woman's death and are seeking a second person for questioning.
Crouch says the body was sent to the state medical examiner's office for positive identification and to determine the cause of death.
- Abilene City Council to review entire code of ordinances
- Taylor County grand jury indicts 32 on criminal charges
- Abilene women indicted for trafficking meth with children in car
- Outdoor workout equipment now available at Red Bud Park in Abilene
- Abilene City Council approves rezoning for downtown microbrewery