SHAWNEE, Oklahoma - Police in Shawnee say a body found in the North Canadian River may be that of a missing Shawnee woman.
Det. Jason Crouch told reporters that the body was found Friday afternoon in about three feet of water about a half mile east of South Beard Bridge. Crouch says only that the body appears to be that of a woman in her 20s and may be a woman who was last seen on Tuesday and was later reported missing by her family.
Crouch says authorities have questioned one person about the woman's death and are seeking a second person for questioning.
Crouch says the body was sent to the state medical examiner's office for positive identification and to determine the cause of death.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS