Braid Blanks, was born and raised in Abilene with close ties all around the Big Country.
Braid began her television career as a producer at KTXS in 2001 and became a reporter before she left briefly to join KLTV in Tyler as a weekend anchor. She returned to KTXS in 2005, where she anchored the evening newscasts (then as Braid Sharp) until 2008.
Braid attended Abilene Christian University, where she graduated magna cum laude. ACU was also where she met her husband, Jeff Blanks, from Haskell, a CPA who is employed with Lauren Engineers and Constructors in Abilene.
?We both have deep roots in the Big Country and I?m always enjoy doing what I can to inform the communities that have supported and shaped us. We?re proud to be from west Texas, it?s our home.?
Braid currently serves as the 6:00 and 10:00 p.m. anchor for KTXS News. She has won several Texas Associated Press Broadcasters awards for journalism through her career.
When away from work, you can find Braid spending time with her family or keeping an eye on her curious and energetic son, Bennett.
You can connect with Braid here .
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack