BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brown County Commissioners approved a loan to help finish a new building between North Broadway and North Fisk streets.
They approved more than $500,000 to go towards constructing a parking lot and adding a concrete slab for the building that will house the election and teasurer's offices, according to County Judge Ray West.
In the fall of 2015, county commissioners approved a $6.5 million loan for the construction project.
Judge West said tax payers shouldn't feel the effects of the $500,000 loan.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue