BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brown County Commissioners approved a loan to help finish a new building between North Broadway and North Fisk streets.
They approved more than $500,000 to go towards constructing a parking lot and adding a concrete slab for the building that will house the election and teasurer's offices, according to County Judge Ray West.
In the fall of 2015, county commissioners approved a $6.5 million loan for the construction project.
Judge West said tax payers shouldn't feel the effects of the $500,000 loan.
- House on Hartford Street in Abilene 'total loss' after Monday fire
- Abilene City Council ready to hear construction update on Fire Station #4
- Dyess captain up for Air Force Entertainer of the Year
- Abilene K-9 ‘medically' retires after impressive career
- Firefighters say sparks caused north Abilene business fire