BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brown County authorities arrested two people after executing an arrest warrant for illegal drugs Wednesday morning.
Christina Moreno, 39, and Ricky Guerra, 28, were arrested for possessing "large quantities of methamphetamine along with quantities of cocaine and ecstasy," according to a press release issued on Thursday by Brownwood police.
The release stated officers and Brown County deputies executed a raid at 11 a.m. on the 3500 block of Rhodes Road. Besides the drugs, they also recovered materials both suspects were using to distribute the illegal narcotics.
Brownwood Assistant Chief James Fuller said they're not disclosing the exact measurements of the drugs seized, but they recovered an estimated $1,000 worth of meth, $500 worth of ecstasy, and $200 worth of cocaine.
Police said the investigation is ongoing and that more arrests are expected.
Guerra is in the Brown County Jail on bonds totaling $100,000, while Moreno is in jail on a $75,000 bond.
Both were charged with the possession of the controlled substances with intent to deliver, according to police.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide