BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Brownwood woman refused to waive her right to be extradited to St. Louis County, Missouri for a conspiracy to commit homicide charge Tuesday, claiming police have the wrong person.
Anquette Shanea Doss-Jones was arrested on the warrant last week by Texas Ranger Jason Shea, according to Brown County Jail records.
Court documents filed through the 35th Judicial District Clerk's Office state she was charged for conspiracy to commit a homicide in August of 2016. The alleged incident happened in the town of Clayton, though few other details were released.
Doss-Jones told 35th District Judge Steve Ellis during Tuesday's extradition hearing that law enforcement arrested the wrong person. She said in court she's aware her husband was charged with murder in Missouri, but that the alleged crime has nothing to do with her.
Doss-Jones requested a court-appointed lawyer, postponing her extradition hearing.
Ellis set her bond at $500,000.
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver