BROWNWOOD, Texas - Valentine's Day is less than a week away, and the Corrine T. Smith Animal Center is having adoption specials beginning Monday.
The "purrrfect" valentine is no further than the CTSAC in Brownwood.
Starting Monday, all spayed and neutered dogs and cats are only $14. That also includes a rabies vaccination and a microchip for the pet.
"This time of year, it's the start of kitty and puppy season, so we have a lot of babies and adults looking for homes," said Amy Abernathy, animal services manager.
Getting your valentine a new furry friend can be a good thing if, "the recipient is expecting a pet," said Abernathy.
"I think half the fun is the person who's accepting the gift to come in and fall in love themselves, and they get to pick out their own pet," said Abernathy.
Last year the CTSAC adopted out 15 pets during their Valentine special adoption event.
The event is taking place Monday until Thursday from 1p.m. to 5 p.m.
Visit http://www.ctsanimalcenter.org for more information.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade