BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Bangs man is alert and talking after a three-car, pedestrian accident.
According to police, 24-year-old Benjamin Purcell rear-ended a pickup truck on U.S. Highway 67/84, just west of Bangs Hill, on Monday morning.
As Purcell was walking toward the truck he had hit, a Chevrolet Tahoe struck him as well as his Jeep.
The driver of the Tahoe, 61-year-old Sherrel Mathews, said the sun was in her eyes and she couldn't see.
Purcell was airlifted to Brownwood Regional Medical Center following the accident.
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Updated Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Approaching cold front to bring below average temperatures
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance