BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Bangs man is alert and talking after a three-car, pedestrian accident.
According to police, 24-year-old Benjamin Purcell rear-ended a pickup truck on U.S. Highway 67/84, just west of Bangs Hill, on Monday morning.
As Purcell was walking toward the truck he had hit, a Chevrolet Tahoe struck him as well as his Jeep.
The driver of the Tahoe, 61-year-old Sherrel Mathews, said the sun was in her eyes and she couldn't see.
Purcell was airlifted to Brownwood Regional Medical Center following the accident.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances