EARLY, Texas - It's that time of year again. The holidays are right around the corner and retailers nationwide are hiring extra help.
Areas here in the Big Country are no different.
Charlotte Parrack Property Manager at Heartland Mall expects sales to be 2.5% higher this holiday season compared to last year.
The National Retail Federation is forecasting holiday sales to grow by 4.1% this year, proving the time leading up to the holidays to be a busy one for retailers.
"We start immediately after Halloween; we've got to decorate, there's new merchandise coming in by the box loads that have to be put out, so you have to have that extra help through November and December," said Parrack.
The added traffic in and out of stores creates the need for extra help in all types of areas.
"You have extra spills, extra trash, extra dirty bathrooms and things like that you have to keep it up. We've actually hired two extra maintenance people to help us with that," said Parrack.
JC Penny in Heartland Mall is no stranger to hiring holiday help.
"We're open longer hours and this is our busiest season of the year so we'll probably hire an average of 1 to 2 associates per week as needed," said Kathleen Lauck, JC Penney Store Leader.
The National Retail Federation projects retailers will add up to 625,000 new hires this holiday season, and Heartland Mall is no exception.
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Updated Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- Updated American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Updated Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels