EARLY, Texas - Big G Grocery opened it's doors to customers for the first time Wednesday.
Big G Grocery already has one grocery store that's located near Lake Brownwood.
Owner Allen Jenkins saw an opportunity to open a store in Early and acted, and he's glad he did.
Several people were coming in and checking out the new store in town.
Big G Grocery has drawn a lot of attention in the small town of Early.
Early has never had an actual grocery store, only convenience stores.
The closest grocery stores were in Brownwood, but even though that's not far from Early, residents are glad to finally see a grocery store in their town.
"Finally, we're getting a grocery store in Early. We've all wondered around here why nobody has opened up a store, and when this opened up, we are all so excited!" said Patty Piper, Early resident.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend