EARLY, Texas - Big G Grocery opened it's doors to customers for the first time Wednesday.
Big G Grocery already has one grocery store that's located near Lake Brownwood.
Owner Allen Jenkins saw an opportunity to open a store in Early and acted, and he's glad he did.
Several people were coming in and checking out the new store in town.
Big G Grocery has drawn a lot of attention in the small town of Early.
Early has never had an actual grocery store, only convenience stores.
The closest grocery stores were in Brownwood, but even though that's not far from Early, residents are glad to finally see a grocery store in their town.
"Finally, we're getting a grocery store in Early. We've all wondered around here why nobody has opened up a store, and when this opened up, we are all so excited!" said Patty Piper, Early resident.
- Abilene's public radio station could face cuts under new budget
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 2 escape from south Abilene house fire
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student