EARLY, Texas - Big G Grocery opened it's doors to customers for the first time Wednesday.
Big G Grocery already has one grocery store that's located near Lake Brownwood.
Owner Allen Jenkins saw an opportunity to open a store in Early and acted, and he's glad he did.
Several people were coming in and checking out the new store in town.
Big G Grocery has drawn a lot of attention in the small town of Early.
Early has never had an actual grocery store, only convenience stores.
The closest grocery stores were in Brownwood, but even though that's not far from Early, residents are glad to finally see a grocery store in their town.
"Finally, we're getting a grocery store in Early. We've all wondered around here why nobody has opened up a store, and when this opened up, we are all so excited!" said Patty Piper, Early resident.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon