BROWNWOOD, Texas - Update: Approx. 10:30 a.m. on Sept. 26:
According to Brownwood Police Chief Mike Corley: Preliminary results from the autopsy confirmed the identity of the deceased as Michele Reiter. The cause and manner of death still have not been determined.
Remains matching the description of Reiter were discovered Monday in remote Coleman County.
Officials are not giving the exact location in Coleman County where the body was found. They only said it is a remote location.
Corley said they do have suspects. However, police won't say how many.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office will conduct the autopsy.
Corley said the investigation is still ongoing, which is why little information is being released.
"We're not at the end of the investigation where we can all pat each other on the back and say, 'Good job it's all done,' because we have a long way to go," Corley said. "I can't emphasize that enough. This is a major hurdle that we've made today by getting some closure and knowing a little bit more about what's happened to Michele."
KTXS will keep you updated and informed as soon as new information is released.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas