BROWNWOOD, Texas - In Brown County, a man who confessed to murder will not get to take back his guilty plea.
District Judge Steve Ellis denied a defense motion Tuesday to throw out Alex "Lucky" Gil Jr.'s confession.
Ten months ago, the 21-year-old Gil confessed his involvement in the shooting death of Ronald Philen. That was in December of 2009.
Gil's lawyer argued he gave a false confession that should be thrown out because Gil was under the influence of Xanex and alcohol.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer