BROWNWOOD, Texas - In Brown County, a man who confessed to murder will not get to take back his guilty plea.
District Judge Steve Ellis denied a defense motion Tuesday to throw out Alex "Lucky" Gil Jr.'s confession.
Ten months ago, the 21-year-old Gil confessed his involvement in the shooting death of Ronald Philen. That was in December of 2009.
Gil's lawyer argued he gave a false confession that should be thrown out because Gil was under the influence of Xanex and alcohol.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana