BROWNWOOD, Texas - In Brown County, a man who confessed to murder will not get to take back his guilty plea.
District Judge Steve Ellis denied a defense motion Tuesday to throw out Alex "Lucky" Gil Jr.'s confession.
Ten months ago, the 21-year-old Gil confessed his involvement in the shooting death of Ronald Philen. That was in December of 2009.
Gil's lawyer argued he gave a false confession that should be thrown out because Gil was under the influence of Xanex and alcohol.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend