BROWNWOOD, Texas - In Brown County, a man who confessed to murder will not get to take back his guilty plea.
District Judge Steve Ellis denied a defense motion Tuesday to throw out Alex "Lucky" Gil Jr.'s confession.
Ten months ago, the 21-year-old Gil confessed his involvement in the shooting death of Ronald Philen. That was in December of 2009.
Gil's lawyer argued he gave a false confession that should be thrown out because Gil was under the influence of Xanex and alcohol.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire