BROWNWOOD, Texas - In Brown County, a man who confessed to murder will not get to take back his guilty plea.
District Judge Steve Ellis denied a defense motion Tuesday to throw out Alex "Lucky" Gil Jr.'s confession.
Ten months ago, the 21-year-old Gil confessed his involvement in the shooting death of Ronald Philen. That was in December of 2009.
Gil's lawyer argued he gave a false confession that should be thrown out because Gil was under the influence of Xanex and alcohol.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash