BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brown County just learned they've received $11,346 to supplement their emergency food and shelter programs.
The federal money can go to help buy groceries or meals for those who need them, or to help with rent or utility bills for the poor.
Local agencies in Brown County can apply for the money. In the past, money has gone to organizations like the Salvation Army.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend