BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brown County just learned they've received $11,346 to supplement their emergency food and shelter programs.
The federal money can go to help buy groceries or meals for those who need them, or to help with rent or utility bills for the poor.
Local agencies in Brown County can apply for the money. In the past, money has gone to organizations like the Salvation Army.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana