BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brown County just learned they've received $11,346 to supplement their emergency food and shelter programs.
The federal money can go to help buy groceries or meals for those who need them, or to help with rent or utility bills for the poor.
Local agencies in Brown County can apply for the money. In the past, money has gone to organizations like the Salvation Army.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget