BROWNWOOD, Texas - Law enforcement officers said a man in Brown County was recently arrested for arson after he had intentionally set about 15 yards of grass on fire for no reason.
According to a deputy, when firefighters arrived, Eddie Heard yelled at them not to put the fire out. Heard said it was his land and that he could burn it. The land actually belonged to the county.
According to another deputy, a judge ordered Heard to be evaluated for mental health. Once that is done, Heard will be in the Brown County Jail with bond posted at $25,000.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic