BROWNWOOD, Texas - Law enforcement officers said a man in Brown County was recently arrested for arson after he had intentionally set about 15 yards of grass on fire for no reason.
According to a deputy, when firefighters arrived, Eddie Heard yelled at them not to put the fire out. Heard said it was his land and that he could burn it. The land actually belonged to the county.
According to another deputy, a judge ordered Heard to be evaluated for mental health. Once that is done, Heard will be in the Brown County Jail with bond posted at $25,000.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash