BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Brown County man is sentenced to life in prison for two felony offenses.
According to KTXS' partner the Brownwood Bulletin, Marc Shawn Walden was found guilty for possession of drugs and a stolen firearm from the San Angelo police department. He was also fined $10,000.
Walden reportedly had about 75 grams of methamphetamine as well as evidence that linked him to a Mexican drug cartel. The drug charge was a first-degree felony due to the amount found in Walden's possession.
He's had prior felony and misdemeanor convictions.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting