BROWN COUNTY, Texas - Two organizations in Brown County are serving as drop off locations for donations to help those who lost their homes in the town of West, Texas.
The Heart of Texas EMS in Early is accepting donations from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Friday. The station is located at 1102 Early Blvd. The items collected there will be taken to West on Saturday.
Howard Payne University is also collecting needed items. You can drop off donations at the Office of Admissions through Monday morning, April 22.
Items that are needed include basic necessities such as diapers, baby food, clothing for children, men, and women, canned food, toiletries, pillows, and blankets.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend