BROWN COUNTY, Texas - Two organizations in Brown County are serving as drop off locations for donations to help those who lost their homes in the town of West, Texas.
The Heart of Texas EMS in Early is accepting donations from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Friday. The station is located at 1102 Early Blvd. The items collected there will be taken to West on Saturday.
Howard Payne University is also collecting needed items. You can drop off donations at the Office of Admissions through Monday morning, April 22.
Items that are needed include basic necessities such as diapers, baby food, clothing for children, men, and women, canned food, toiletries, pillows, and blankets.
- Abilene's public radio station could face cuts under new budget
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 2 escape from south Abilene house fire
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student