BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Brown County Sheriff's Office is investigating an alleged drug case at the La Quinta Inn Monday morning.
According to Capt. Tony Aaron, 26-year-old Jerrod Cook and 25-year-old Meranda Delgadillo were found inside a room there, which was allegedly filled with methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. They were arrested and now face drug charges.
"The general manager told us which room Cook was in so he appeared to be cooperative in the beginning," Capt. Aaron said. "But the more we talked to him, we discovered it was not the whole story."
As sheriffs deputies continued their search, they allege the general manager blocked out rooms for drug offenders and then tipped them off that law enforcement officers were in the vicinity.
"He put 5 to 7 rooms out of service, and they were scattered on different floors."
The general manager has not been arrested but is under investigation for possession of controlled substance and hindering an investigation.
"What really bothered us was that a businessman tried to manipulate law enforcement," Capt. Aaron said. "It happens, but typically in our community, businessmen and women support law enforcement and are reputable."
Bond is set at $11,500 each for Cook and Delgadillo.
- Updated Abilene councilman on water bill complaints: Meters are being read
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season