BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Brown County Water Improvement District No. 1 may have found a secondary water supply.
Bids for drilling a test well to use groundwater could arrive in as soon as six weeks.
In Tuesday nights meeting, members of the water board approved a lease agreement for a site where a test well will be drilled. It's near the former Hot Wells Swimming Pool.
The board believes groundwater is a feasible option to supplement Lake Brownwood.
The cost of the test well ranges from $300,000 to $600,000.
- Updated Police shoot 'active shooter' at Texas strip mall, 'several' taken to hospital
- Golfing great Arnold Palmer dead at 87
- Police find missing girl, make 3 arrests in triple California killing
- Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Texas councilman, wife
- KTXS Forecast: Rain chances ending on this Monday