BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Brown County Water Improvement District No. 1 may have found a secondary water supply.
Bids for drilling a test well to use groundwater could arrive in as soon as six weeks.
In Tuesday nights meeting, members of the water board approved a lease agreement for a site where a test well will be drilled. It's near the former Hot Wells Swimming Pool.
The board believes groundwater is a feasible option to supplement Lake Brownwood.
The cost of the test well ranges from $300,000 to $600,000.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range