BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Brown County Water Improvement District No. 1 may have found a secondary water supply.
Bids for drilling a test well to use groundwater could arrive in as soon as six weeks.
In Tuesday nights meeting, members of the water board approved a lease agreement for a site where a test well will be drilled. It's near the former Hot Wells Swimming Pool.
The board believes groundwater is a feasible option to supplement Lake Brownwood.
The cost of the test well ranges from $300,000 to $600,000.
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Texas man charged with beheading wife after police visit