BROWNWOOD, Texas - As temperatures begin to drop into the 20s, a pastor in Brownwood is spreading the word that people who need a place to stay during freezing nights are welcome to come to New Beginnings Church near Lake Brownwood. Doors will open at 6 p.m. Tuesday. People can also stay the night on Wednesday.
KTXS News will speak to church members as they prepare to provide a warm place to sleep for those in need.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Arizona woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed