BROWNWOOD, Texas - Nothing says "Do It Yourself" more than physically building a costume in the spirit of Halloween.
This is the third year Brownwood Police Department Officer Jayme Bowman and his wife Sarah are creating a costume for their daughter Addyson, 6, who has cerebral palsy with spastic quadriplegia. They have been working on a frame to incorporate Addyson's wheelchair as part of her costume.
KTXS News spoke with the family to hear how they got the idea and why it is important to them.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range