BROWNWOOD, Texas - Nothing says "Do It Yourself" more than physically building a costume in the spirit of Halloween.
This is the third year Brownwood Police Department Officer Jayme Bowman and his wife Sarah are creating a costume for their daughter Addyson, 6, who has cerebral palsy with spastic quadriplegia. They have been working on a frame to incorporate Addyson's wheelchair as part of her costume.
KTXS News spoke with the family to hear how they got the idea and why it is important to them.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans