BROWNWOOD, Texas - Wes Beck, the new superintendent for Early ISD and Brownwood superintendent Reece Blincoe attended a special public luncheon at the Brownwood Country Club.
"I can't wait. I'm ready to get started. I'm tired of getting ready to get started," Beck said.
Beck was principal at Brownwood high school from 2003 to 2007 , before becoming superintendent at Shamrock ISD.
"I'm just looking forward to getting in and getting going. I can't wait to get started," Beck said, "I hate the summer cause it's time where you know the kids are not around, were not doing anything. But I'm ready to get going with the kids."
Last year Early campuses met all of their state expectations and Early High School was selected as one of the top schools by US News and World Report.
Brownwood Superintendent, Reece Blincoe says many programs for students are expanding this year including Avid classes, teacher internships, welding classes and the Head Start program.
"We've got a lot ahead of us this year,"Blincoe said, "It's going to be a busy year but busy makes for excitement, makes the school year go fast too if you're not busy then it just kind of makes it drag. So [the school year] will go really fast and so we look forward to all the neat things that we have coming."
Brownwood ISD has hired two new principals, one at the High School and one at Northwest Elementary. They also brought back the Brownwood Foundation for Excellence which raises money for scholarships.
This coming Monday teachers will be back in the classroom getting ready for when the students come the following week on August 25th.
- LIVE Emails found during Weiner probe prompted FBI Clinton review
- Updated Police identify victim in west Abilene homicide
- United Supermarket on South 14th Street robbed, suspect sought
- Parents charged after toddler dies in Texas house fire
- Wife of Texas teacher charged in 2 deaths accused of tampering
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking