BROWNWOOD, Texas - On Tuesday, the Brownwood City Council approved spending $35,000 so Brownwood Fire Department can fix their 16-year-old aerial ladder truck.
BFD Fire Chief Del Albright said he and City Manager Bobby Rountree agreed it would be cheaper to make the necessary changes on the truck rather than replace it altogether.
KTXS News spoke with Albright to get the facts on how the money will be beneficial to all of the firefighters.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth