BROWNWOOD, Texas - The cause of a house fire in Brownwood cannot be determined.
Last Friday, fire destroyed a home on the 1200 block of First Street.
The homeowners believe foul play was involved. However, Fire Marshal Buddy Preston said he can't prove anything one way or the other due to extended burning.
Family members thought a Molotov cocktail was thrown into the home. Preston was unable to find evidence supporting a fire bomb was the cause.
Nine people were living in the 100-year-old home, but only six people were inside during the fire.
No one was injured, but the home was a total loss.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend