BROWNWOOD, Texas - The cause of a house fire in Brownwood cannot be determined.
Last Friday, fire destroyed a home on the 1200 block of First Street.
The homeowners believe foul play was involved. However, Fire Marshal Buddy Preston said he can't prove anything one way or the other due to extended burning.
Family members thought a Molotov cocktail was thrown into the home. Preston was unable to find evidence supporting a fire bomb was the cause.
Nine people were living in the 100-year-old home, but only six people were inside during the fire.
No one was injured, but the home was a total loss.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Updated Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer