BROWNWOOD, Texas - The cause of a house fire in Brownwood cannot be determined.
Last Friday, fire destroyed a home on the 1200 block of First Street.
The homeowners believe foul play was involved. However, Fire Marshal Buddy Preston said he can't prove anything one way or the other due to extended burning.
Family members thought a Molotov cocktail was thrown into the home. Preston was unable to find evidence supporting a fire bomb was the cause.
Nine people were living in the 100-year-old home, but only six people were inside during the fire.
No one was injured, but the home was a total loss.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program