BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brownwood's City Council is expected to vote on the final budget for 2013-2014 Tuesday morning.
The city's budget totals to a little more than $30 million. The new budget proposes an increase in city utility rates. Earlier this month the Brown County Water Improvement District (BCWID) increased wholesale water rates by nearly seven percent.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon