BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brownwood's City Council is expected to vote on the final budget for 2013-2014 Tuesday morning.
The city's budget totals to a little more than $30 million. The new budget proposes an increase in city utility rates. Earlier this month the Brown County Water Improvement District (BCWID) increased wholesale water rates by nearly seven percent.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco