BROWNWOOD, Texas - The general manager of Brownwood's La Quinta Inn has been arrested in connection to a drug case that happened at the hotel.
According to the Brown County Sheriff's Office (BCSO), 48-year-old Darrin Quinn was arrested around 10 a.m. Wednesday for interference of the public duties of a peace officer.
BCSO deputies searched the La Quinta Inn Monday morning as they were investigating a drug case and discovered that Quinn had blocked out five to seven rooms for drug offenders, then tipped them off law enforcers were in the vicinity.
Quinn is in the Brown County Jail with bond set at $2,500.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend