BROWNWOOD, Texas - The general manager of Brownwood's La Quinta Inn has been arrested in connection to a drug case that happened at the hotel.
According to the Brown County Sheriff's Office (BCSO), 48-year-old Darrin Quinn was arrested around 10 a.m. Wednesday for interference of the public duties of a peace officer.
BCSO deputies searched the La Quinta Inn Monday morning as they were investigating a drug case and discovered that Quinn had blocked out five to seven rooms for drug offenders, then tipped them off law enforcers were in the vicinity.
Quinn is in the Brown County Jail with bond set at $2,500.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck