BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Brownwood man is in jail after being accused of sexually assaulting a teenager.
Brownwood Assistant Police Chief James Fuller told us that Jesus Fellipe Lopez was booked into the Brown County Jail Thursday afternoon on an aggravated sexual assault of a child charge.
Fuller told KTXS that Brownwood police were called out to a man and woman running down a road, arguing.
Officers found Lopez, a woman, and a teenager in an alley next to the law enforcement center.
The female told police that Lopez had assaulted the young girl.
Lopez was arrested and the victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene for evaluation.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated